If Dry Shampoo is your #1 bae of the moment, this one’s for you.
Somedays, washing your hair just isn’t an option. The current state of your locks seems to lose it’s importance somewhere between motherhood and mental sanity. Why go through the arduous process of washing and blowdrying when there’s dry shampoo? But if we want to continue maintaining the facade of someone who has their sh*t together, we have to look like we GAF. Luckily, I’ve pulled a few hairstyles from my beauty book that will have you looking polished in no time.
Minimal effort + dry shampoo = a babe’s guide to dirty hair survival.
The Messy Top Knot
- Gather your hair into a high ponytail and on the last loop of the elastic rubberband leave the ends still tucked into the elastic creating a bun
- Twist ends around ponytail and pin loosely around the bun then hairspray
- Loosen hair in the bun by lightly tugging on strands
The Snake Side Braid
- Pull all of your hair to one side and begin braiding the way you normally would
- Once you’ve braided three-quarters of the way down, separate the three strands
- Holding to the middle strand with one hand, push the other two strands all the way up to the top of the braid until your hair is coiled by your roots
- Put in your elastic band
- Softly tug at the individual sections of the braid until the S-shaped coils are more spread out. The more you lengthen out the braid, the more visible the “snake” shape will appear
Feeling extra greasy? Throw on a cute hat like this wool fisherman’s cap from ASOS and voila! You’re ready to go.
The Braided Half-Up Half-Down
- Start a french braid at the roots toward the front of your face leaving a few pieces out to frame your face
- Continue the french braid just as it rounds the back of your head and finish into a normal braid + tie with a ponytail holder
- Repeat step 2 on the other side of your head
- Remove the ponytail holder from the first braid and connect the ends of the braids with a clear ponytail holder.
- Curl the front pieces to complete the framing and add a little hairspray!