Okay can I just say how unbelievably thrilled I am that people are finally catching on to the amazingness that is matcha green tea?! While Starbucks started brewing the nutritious drink not too long ago, I have been a matcha-addict for years.
From matcha tea lattes to matcha green tea truffles this super-tea is an easy way to add powerful health benefits to your everyday diet. With 137x more antioxidants than regular green tea, this Japanese drink has more health benefits than I can count.
Matcha Health Benefits:
- High in antioxidants
- Helps to prevent blemishes and repair sun damaged skin
- Boosts energy with natural caffeine
- L-theanine found in matcha is a natural stress-relieving amino acid that promotes relaxation
- Enhances memory and concentration
- Boosts metabolism and burns calories
- Catechins in matcha reduce fatty acids and cholesterol
- Helps to flush toxins from the body
- Builds immunity
- Combats aging
- One serving of matcha equates the same benefits as 10 cups of regular green tea
- Helps prevent cancer
The best part? You don’t have to spend a fortune to get this superfood. While the finely ground tea itself may cost a penny, there are hundreds of DIY recipes with this ingredient. The mild and bitter-sweet flavor of the tea leaves truly make a great addition to just about any recipe.
Check out some of my favorite recipes below!